580 of 1008 Ocwen Reviews

When my husband lost his job, we attemped to do a Deed in Lieu with Ocwen Servicing in order to save our credit.We followed all of their instructions to a tee and they promised us $3000.

for moving by the date given. We have been out of our home for almost 6 months and have seen NO MONEY. They LIE. SIGN NOTHING WITH THEM WITHOUT HAVING A LAWYER LOOK IT OVER.

A BIG MISTAKE WE MADE. They promise help but all they do is SCR#W you over.

People beware!I am about ready to move back into my home as I am still the OWNER OF RECORD.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 25 Yes 25
580 of 1008 Ocwen Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 24 #1068886 Strongsville, Ohio

One last informative info. Ocwen is the servicing company. So buyers, when you get a mortgage and that mortgage gets sold, see who is servicing it. If it is ocwen, see if you can refi and send it somewhere else. Ocwen is a debt collector. So their desire and main goal is to collect.

Nov 24 #1068877 Strongsville, Ohio

Do not take a loan with Ocwen.
I am a professional Realtor practicing for over 28 years. In all my years of business I have never seen any company give you the run around quite like OCWEN. When you default or try to do a deed in lieu, the continuously say they need more items, more clarification, until which time you go into foreclosure. The investors with OCWEN ask repeatedly for the same and more items. I have completed many deed in lieu, many short sales, and helped thousands of sellers out of the turmoil they were in. With OCWEN, I felt helpless. The main people are in IOWA and you have a call center in Philippines. So the right hand and the left hands functuality is amist.
Please ask your Realtor before seeking a lender. Stay away from those that make it more difficult than it is when you run into a hardship.....Do not use OCWEN, they are debt collectors.....

Mar 16 #959334 Queensbury, New York

It has been 18 months since we were told by Ocwen to leave our home to process the deed in Lieu. We have done everything they told us. We started the application process in June of 2013 and nothing has happened except liens being placed on our property for small debts. Something is very wrong. We have contacted attorney's but we cannot afford their fee. This company is feeding off of the vulnerable. We remain in limbo.

Jul 14, 2014 #840525

I have had the exact same situation with Ocwen. I have been trying to modify my loan for a year. Each time, I am told they are missing a document or it can't be "read" because it's blurry. I finally made three full copies of everything, and overnighted them with signature requested. They recieved it on 5/15/2014. SInce then they have requested the same documents over and over, and each time, after fighting with them that they received them on 5/15, I send it again. Now, my modification has been in review for a year, and they filed to sell my house this Thursday. I have called again and again, just like every one else, just to be told I can't speak to a supervisor, I can only speak to my "relationship manager" who misses the times of the calls every single time, and then when I call back, I have to make another appointment. When you ask to speak to a supervisor, you are told, "you have to first talk to your relationship manager" and I tell them "I have spoken to my relationship manager many, many times. He missed our call today by 30 minutes, and I have to work for a living, now I am calling back to speak to him and get told I have to wait another week to speak to him". I was told by an mortgage industry insider that the mortgage servicers like Ocwen (remember Ocwen does not own our loans, they only service them) have no financial gain until they take your home. The more people they can swindle into foreclosure, the more money they make. They make nothing, or next to... Show more

hopeless gal

May 12, 2014 #814472

I am also in the same situations, I and my husband tried everything they have asked of us they lost our documents 4 times, last time we tried with them is DIL, 3 weeks ago, they promised to send the application to us, well 3 weeks went by and we still didn't receive a thing from them, I called today and spent 45 minutes with Mahesh,CS person, going back and forth with their previous and past screw up, he finally said he will email me the application for Deed In Lieu of Forcloser, well, as of this moment I have not yet received the email from him. We were forced out of our condo,due to past due assessment, the association rented the condo three years ago to help cover the loss, the condo still in our name but we can not move back, I will never again buy a house nor a condo ever again.

Jan 17, 2013 #594979

OCWEN is eager to do a deed-in-lieu w/ me (because I discharged the house in chapter 7 bankruptcy so they can't sue me for the difference between the unpaid mortgage and the amount for which they'll eventually be able to sell it) BUT after reading these posts I will not. :p
I “surfed” for customer feedback about OCWEN and deed-in-lieus because I thought the process they outlined was sketchy - i.e, I'd have to move out before we can sign the deed-in-lieu and there would be no stipulation as to by what date they must file the deed with the county court recording dept. :upset Because I live in a high-end community w/ hefty association fees, I'd have to ***'t to pay the assoc. fees after I move out and until OCWEN files the deed with the county recording dept. The date we sign the deed-in-lieu is irrelevant. Meaning, if they drag their feet for whatever reason I will have NO recourse. (Yes, I could move back in but of course I don't want to move back & forth and I’d have a new rental commitment, anyway. What an expensive mess!) :eek
So, I'll just stay here in my home and let the foreclosure process continue. Who knows :? - maybe we can mediate something so that I can keep my
... Show more

Apr 30 #978580

You did good! Just think, that's the past and now look forward to a positive future.

Apr 25, 2012 #471345

If you can figure out a way to get out from under Ocwen RUN as fast as you can. We have gone through every story on this complaint board with them..was told our modification from Litton was not excepted (after approved) and we had to apply for theres..long story short they did not approve us (said we didnt make enough money or we made too much money ???)..told us our best option was a deed in leui..sent us a letter asked us to move out of the house by Dec. 31. we did..have had an appointment with them every week..said deed in leiu was I get a letter from attorney the house is in foreclosure will be printed in newspaper Ocwen..of course cant speak to anyone..have to make an "appointment" said they have no sale date on there records..I have on in my hand..they said sorry but I can give you the attorneys name to call...well if they didnt know about the foreclosure how do they know about the attorney..long story short.. got no went in the paper today and I have a so called "APPOINTMENT" tomorrow...they are crooks, liars, and are out to take every american home they can for financial gain. It just makes me sick that our goverment is allowing this to happen to hard working honest people that are trying to do the right thing and are being taken advantage of by overseas companies

2 0 Reply

Apr 21, 2012 #469440

You should move back in if they never paid you. And a Deed in Lieu is not going to save your credit. It's a default and treated like a foreclosure. You didn't pay, so you have to have the consequences. But you could live there free for two years or more if you're lucky.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.