Ocwen

805 of 865 Ocwen Reviews
Issue not resolved

I too have been ripped off by Ocwen. There is a law firm in California that is filing a class action lawsuit. It is IMPERATIVE that our voices are heard!

Maybe if we ALL write to them they can do something. We are about to lose our home due to Ocwen's unfair practices. In addition, the notice of foreclosure has a Cal-Western Reconveyance Corporation as Substitute Trustee, which is a holding company of Ocwens! Ocwen is ONLY a loan servicing corporation, and does NOT hold the promissory note of our loan! DB home Lending does.

d3e4172 review #145157
40 Helpful? 84
Had the same issue1 Comments36 Report
805 of 865 Ocwen Reviews
Had an experience with OCWEN?  Submit review about this company
Very Unhappy

Mar 01

Very unhappy. Made my payment on the 28th of the month.
Ocwen did not process for three days. Hit with a 30 day late payment on my credit report
Money was in my account ready for the payment to be processe.
These folks are the worst!

vict

Nov 27, 2013 Concord, North Carolina

My whole paymnet is taken from my account but only part of it applied and no one knows why! Now I'm getting foreclosure notices! Where's my money!? I have all my receipts from bank and from ocwen as proof that only part of full monthly is being applied!!

jkiss

Nov 25, 2013

I was looking at my credit report this past weekend. I noticed Ocwen on my credit report showing a foreclosure in December 2012 in Nebraska. We bought a house in March of 2012 in Missouri. We did have a house in Nebraska and we did do a short sale but it was all completed in February of 2009. I called these people 5 times today and while yes they spoke English in was VERY difficult to understand. I am disputing this with the credit reporting agency but really how does this stuff happen.

Army vet 07

Nov 24, 2013 Melbourne, Florida

I went thru a Bk Rup. In 2007 that included my house payment.
This ocwens compa ny has been calling me every day saying
That there a dept collection co and says I owe mega bucks in
Late payments. I tell them wrote them and faxed them l the BK
Paper work and I need advice !!
John at 321-506-8633.
ThAnk you. !!

Nicki

Nov 04, 2013

So it is comforting to know that I am not alone with my *** about OCWEN. We had a large amount of damage to our home, and the insurance company cut us a check, because of laws, they have to write it into the mortgage company's name as well as mine. They put it into an account and then drag their feet on sending us the drafts. I am responsible to call them, and everytime I do, I talk to someone else, from (India) who yes speaks English, but it is very scripted, and we go rounds, until I start cursing and crying. Normally I am very culture patient, but this is BS. They hold on to your money, as long as they can. I have used my own resources to pay for the repairs and I am about to lose it. Hate them! :( anyone know any ways around these bozos?

Patty

Nov 07, 2013 San Diego, California

We are in the same boat here, just exactly what you're going through! We had damages to our home since August 28 and we are still waiting for Ocwen to release the funds to us ( our insurance has pais out). The only suggestion I have for you is to request to speak to a specialist, they will connect you to non- India person. Good luck to us

ronpeck

Nov 01, 2013

I had my gmac home equity line of credit transferred to them in early 2013. I have called them on at least two, and maybe three occassions to obtain a copy of my promissory note, as well as to understand why my line is "frozen"...I've NEVER been slow pay. Can't get a straight answer, and have not yet received a copy of the note..while I understand and appreciate the importance of proper caller identification, they ask everything short of your blood type to answer your questions. If I really needed to use my equity line this would really be driving me nuts...as it is it's very frustrating!

brad

Oct 29, 2013

seems like you only pay interest and nothing come of the bill.

Oct 28, 2013

I too have had a very bad experience with Ocwen. Isn't there a regulating body that overlooks these companies that we can contact? Can somebody see if they can find out who that is so we can consolidate and contact them? The odds of a consumer "mass action" are better than a lawsuit if we can find out the regulating body. I'm sure there must be one. Please post.

Michelle

Oct 26, 2013

GMAC sold my mortgage also to Ocwen in Feb 2013. I have always pd my house note online. In Sept I tried to log on to OCWEN and it stated that they were making changes to the Website and to log on later. Well 2 days later I finally logged on to pay my house. It was past 5 days late so I knew I would have to pay a late fee and OK, but know OCWEN gives you three things to choose from.
1. click here if current their place
2. click here if no more than 5 days late their place
3. click here is more than 5 days late. Well since you can only use this choice once you pay, not only do you pay the late fee but Western Union charges a 10.00 fee. So I take it that OCWEN is now working with Western Union. They must get a part of the 10.00 dollars. I called Customer Service and they were very hateful. Advised me to just not pay late. Nothing I can do that I know of. Does anybody else.

Nov 27, 2013 Concord, North Carolina

Had similiar problem. I requested an english speaking person in the usa. After. Long wait finally got one. Told him I was contacting the lawyer that sent us a letter about gmac filing chapter 11. He told me,rudely, that its just a recording. Told him I was from nyc and I knew who this law firm was personally and was contacting them! Amazingly the calls stopped and fees were waived. I printed this out as my proof just in case they changed it later! Keep on top of ocwen and document everything. They don't think people do that lol lol lol

Angry senior

Oct 11, 2013 Whittier, California

I, too have had it with Ocwen. They raised my Escrow payment by $115.09 without any advanced notice, even though in the past 10 years with the other company, there had been only a $10.00 increase. I receive e-mailos from them when they post my payments, yet I received a letter stating that I had not made one months payment (there was an e-mail stating they received it on time). The letter threatened foreclosure. When I contacted customer service( in India) they said to ignore the letter that all of my payments were up I asked for a letter to that effect, but was told they could only send a form letter. They can not do anything that is not on their script. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

Screw these DOT heads

Oct 02, 2013

If I call them I can understand asking ID questions but when they call me I flat out refuse to give it. I tell them "You called me *** Hole". They don't know what to do then. :upset So I just hang up on them. :p

anonymous

Oct 02, 2013 Tampa, Florida

I sold my house and paid the bustards off. They own me my escrow and a refund for an overpayment. I keep calling asking where is my money just as they did to me every month 2 weeks before the payment was due.
They tell me you will have it within 30 days. I'm still waiting.
I told them that since they were charging me a daily interest rate I was going to do the same. They didn't like it when I asked if they had anyone there that spoke English. They said we are speaking English. I said you may be fluent in English but your not speaking it. :grin Maybe if more of us do that they will bring the jobs back here to he US. Screw these Dot Heads!!!

NOT HAPPY

Sep 21, 2013 West Point, New York

Just got a letter from MIC stating that our VA Loan has been sold to Freedom Mortgage Corp; and will be "handled" by OCWEN!!!!
I am NOT looking forward to this after reading so many complaints about them!!!
I am soooo looking forward to refinancing with my credit union!
Advice would be helpful, on how to deal with this BS change!

Jen

Sep 18, 2013

No one talks to you, they talk at you. From a script. They can not answer question unless it is from script.. They also have poor accounting practices and can not keep your payments straight.

San Antonion

Aug 31, 2013 Houston, Texas

Ocwen. I rather keep renting. No one to talk to there. Every employee with a foreign accent is reading from a script and cannont answer but a very limited amount of question pretaining to their script and beyond that, they are polite, but lost and it an go in acircle for hours if you have the time. Ocwen, soon, something has to happen.

Brad

Aug 01, 2013

Thank God I only have 5yrs to go and I'm done with Ocwen and I'll own my home out right, when I was going through my bankruptcy and I was reaffirming they called me daily at work and home to no end, and I was never late on a payment but the calls kept coming, now they wont even give me a credit rating so my credit score doesn't reflect on my good standing of never being late with them. Ocwen can F-off in my book!!!

1-20 of 36 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.