Ocwen Financial aka Homeward Residential aka AHMSI
They have just taken over Homeward Residential and have a F rating with the BBB as does Homeward Residential aka AHMSI. If you are having problems with your mortgage servicing agent, please do the following:
1. Do not negotiate over the phone, as they often change their tune, if they call, note the time, date and let them know you will also be recording the phone call with your smart phone.
2. If you have a complaint, make in writing as a "qualified written request" under RESPA, and include acct#, problem and how soon you would like it resolved. Be sure to let them know you are cc: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, your local state atty general as well as State Dept of Finance. If you are having problems with their website with phone calls, also cc: Federal Trade Commission for their debt collection practices.
3. Keep calm, be polite, but be firm about requiring any and all information in WRITING ONLY. You can ask that they only correspond with you in writing. Keep in mind, emails and phone calls do not matter in court as much as written correpondence, so everything you send them, send by certified mail.
4. Make all payments through an independent 3rd party, like Western Union so you can document the payments, and DO NOT let them ACH your account.
5. Ask for a payment history and check it monthly, be sure to also check your escrow account to make sure you are not being overcharged.
6. Ask for a complete explanation of all fees that they claim are being assessed. Ask for a copy of the original mortgage note and mortgage contract that allows them to collect the debt to begin with.
7. Check with the title company to see who is assigned to your mortgage, this is especially important if you are behind and/or perhaps facing forclosure.
8. Keep making mortgage payments, even if they are partial payment and/or send them back or tell you not to make payments while you are "refinancing". You want to show you made a good faith effort to keep your account current.
9. Keep calm and be polite to the service reps you deal with, the bosses they serve probably treat them worse than the do the customer, maybe some will get some integrity and blow the whistle on these unscrupulous practices.
10. Don't give up! Ever!eff4582 review #349502
You may also like
- "Scam artists. They write there own fake reviews. You will loose your *** with these *** artists. Then the little money you have left they will fine the *** out..."
- "Scott Allan / Scott Karosa FINED $7500 by NV Div of Mortgage Lending Scott Allan (formerly-known-as) Scott Karosa is ordered by the Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending to pay a fine..."
- "I was recently approached by Hawkeye Management for business loans. Once we reached the application stage, it changed into LenCred. It seems the two are the same company. One representative..."
- "in under 50 miles the engine lite came on, no one would even look at it. it has been sitting since sept 24 with under 8k miles total on it...."
- "These companies offer you a free 30 day supply of Vitalie Anti-Aging Treatment and Lumalift Wrinkle Reducer for just the cost of shipping of $8.92. This is a scam..."
- "I BUY SALADS AT YOUR CARL'S JR. OFF HWY 79 IN TEMECULA CA. I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED HOW THEY COULD SELL THERE SALADS WITH MISSING ITEMS AND YELLOW LETTUCE....WE..."
- "Michael J Sales of American Auto Shipping, Automobile Shipping Quotes (ASQ), M2 Reeves, etc. is widely known as the cockiest shadeball lead provider in the industry. But his racket is..."
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- " I purchased a Submariner LV from Tswisswatches.com. They are in Taiwan, the owner goes by 'Edde'. They promised a grade 1 replica with genuine swiss eta movement, and a..."