Ocwen Financial aka Homeward Residential aka AHMSI
They have just taken over Homeward Residential and have a F rating with the BBB as does Homeward Residential aka AHMSI. If you are having problems with your mortgage servicing agent, please do the following:
1. Do not negotiate over the phone, as they often change their tune, if they call, note the time, date and let them know you will also be recording the phone call with your smart phone.
2. If you have a complaint, make in writing as a "qualified written request" under RESPA, and include acct#, problem and how soon you would like it resolved. Be sure to let them know you are cc: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, your local state atty general as well as State Dept of Finance. If you are having problems with their website with phone calls, also cc: Federal Trade Commission for their debt collection practices.
3. Keep calm, be polite, but be firm about requiring any and all information in WRITING ONLY. You can ask that they only correspond with you in writing. Keep in mind, emails and phone calls do not matter in court as much as written correpondence, so everything you send them, send by certified mail.
4. Make all payments through an independent 3rd party, like Western Union so you can document the payments, and DO NOT let them ACH your account.
5. Ask for a payment history and check it monthly, be sure to also check your escrow account to make sure you are not being overcharged.
6. Ask for a complete explanation of all fees that they claim are being assessed. Ask for a copy of the original mortgage note and mortgage contract that allows them to collect the debt to begin with.
7. Check with the title company to see who is assigned to your mortgage, this is especially important if you are behind and/or perhaps facing forclosure.
8. Keep making mortgage payments, even if they are partial payment and/or send them back or tell you not to make payments while you are "refinancing". You want to show you made a good faith effort to keep your account current.
9. Keep calm and be polite to the service reps you deal with, the bosses they serve probably treat them worse than the do the customer, maybe some will get some integrity and blow the whistle on these unscrupulous practices.
10. Don't give up! Ever!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "John Common on Maricopa County Sheriff's Dead Beat Dad list. Look him up: http://www.mcso.org/DeadBeat/Default.aspx After the divorce things for John Common got progressively worse. Besides not paying child support he wrote..."
- "Do you have information about a Ocwen that you think has violated federal consumer financial laws? Are you a current or former employee of such a company, an industry insider..."
- "Between August 2, 2007 and January 27, 2013 we were never late on our mortgage despite a rate of 8.25 % and it being 53% of the combined income..."
- "I was told at 10pm that no vehicles were available so I rennted from Avis. After returning my rental vehicle to Avis at 4am the next day I decided..."
- "Please read saved screen picture. Eye opener......"
- "I must be naive! Ground shipping more exensive than expedited shipping..odd. Return policy..odd but still pressed the purchase button. Receive goods..ivory wedding shoes with rosettes and rhinestones...."
- "These people have no way to be contacted... I recieved a ghastly looking blouse and wanted to get a return address or refund. My email wouldn't go thru. The live..."
- "People, please look for the local floral boutiques. This Company is a scam. DO NOT buy anything from FLOWER DELIVERY EXPRESS. My boyfriend bought me flowers thorough this company which..."
- "I bought a Freedom Stick 250u on Listia for 82,100 credits. I was suspicious of the auction from the very beginning. ALWAYS TRUST YOURSELF WHEN YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE GUT..."