Ocwen Financial aka Homeward Residential aka AHMSI
They have just taken over Homeward Residential and have a F rating with the BBB as does Homeward Residential aka AHMSI. If you are having problems with your mortgage servicing agent, please do the following:
1. Do not negotiate over the phone, as they often change their tune, if they call, note the time, date and let them know you will also be recording the phone call with your smart phone.
2. If you have a complaint, make in writing as a "qualified written request" under RESPA, and include acct#, problem and how soon you would like it resolved. Be sure to let them know you are cc: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, your local state atty general as well as State Dept of Finance. If you are having problems with their website with phone calls, also cc: Federal Trade Commission for their debt collection practices.
3. Keep calm, be polite, but be firm about requiring any and all information in WRITING ONLY. You can ask that they only correspond with you in writing. Keep in mind, emails and phone calls do not matter in court as much as written correpondence, so everything you send them, send by certified mail.
4. Make all payments through an independent 3rd party, like Western Union so you can document the payments, and DO NOT let them ACH your account.
5. Ask for a payment history and check it monthly, be sure to also check your escrow account to make sure you are not being overcharged.
6. Ask for a complete explanation of all fees that they claim are being assessed. Ask for a copy of the original mortgage note and mortgage contract that allows them to collect the debt to begin with.
7. Check with the title company to see who is assigned to your mortgage, this is especially important if you are behind and/or perhaps facing forclosure.
8. Keep making mortgage payments, even if they are partial payment and/or send them back or tell you not to make payments while you are "refinancing". You want to show you made a good faith effort to keep your account current.
9. Keep calm and be polite to the service reps you deal with, the bosses they serve probably treat them worse than the do the customer, maybe some will get some integrity and blow the whistle on these unscrupulous practices.
10. Don't give up! Ever!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Before you use The Lending Club The Lending Club also LendingClub.com is popular in searches for personal, signature and all purpose loans. They are on other sites as well touting 10..."
- "Before I sent them any type of payment fee for $37 bucks. I searched the company name and I came across this website. Man, I almost became a victim of..."
- "August 2005 I moved to a home known as 24XXX Cruise Circle Dr. Canyon Lake, CA. 92587. In February 2007 I purchased the home. In 2010 my mortgage company GMAC..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "Wyndham Worldwide, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Fraud Validation - Senior Management Speaks- A Robert Paisola Exclusive 2012 SEE FULL NATIONAL STORY WITH PHOTOS AND VIDEO AT THE TIMESHARE CHRONICLES : http://timesharescamsupdate.blogspot.com/2012/04/wyndham-resorts-senior-management.html For..."
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "Hi, I drove into checkers on Wesley chapel road, atlanta and ordered buffalo wings(5 for $5.99) and what I got is 4 lean mean bone of under-nourished just born chick legs..."
- "I love fashionmia's product. This is a second time I ordered a dress from them. The first time the order was the right size and I love it. Every time..."
- "I have been trying to log in from CNN and other TV station own app But it keeps saying I am not subscribed , which is not true. I have been tossed..."