Ocwen lawsuit

780 of 856 Ocwen Reviews
Issue not resolved
Jun 23, 2009
review #150316

If everyone on this complaint blog that is complaining about Ocwen would go on the Florida Department of Financial Regulation to file a complaint (OFR), they would investigate every complaint; and remedy the problems.You can also file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office in Florida, they will investigate the problems as well especially if they have numerous complaints of the same business.

Then there would be no problem opening a class action lawsuit with the AFO and OFR backing you.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the OFR myself against these people.I have had trouble with them every since they acquired my loan from Fremont in 2005 unbeknownst to me.

bfd7c2d
Had an experience with OCWEN?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
780 of 856 Ocwen Reviews
No Longer with Ocwen,yeah

May 25, 2013 San Antonio, Texas

:grin I had purchased a home with the orginal owner and after one year of on time paymts she sold me to Ocwen. I would go to Wal-Mart and send them so that way I would not be behind,yes it cost more but it was insurance for me. Well, after twelve years of paymts and strange thing happened. Went to pay at Wal-Mart and it would not take my payments or online;however I went to the post office and two day priority. Again, insurance for myself and not allowing them to put me in a situation I could not financial get from under. Two months into the 2013 year no letter of goodbye that Ocwen had transferred my lona back to the orginal owner. For some blessed reason she thought she had sold me full price. My last two and half years will be paid directly to the owner. You can call customer service and request to speack to an American. Yes, it works and I was able to acquire all the information I needed. I do hope that this will help anyone who needs to speak to a representative.

R. Barnes

Nov 15, 2012

I also have been sold to Ocwen from another company that used predetory tactics etc. I have also experienced some of same things that other customers are dealing with.

Jim

Nov 07, 2012

I have had ocwen for 5 years now they suck a__ I got a modification in may sent in all paper work and the first payment went to go pay the second one and was told they wont take it and now my house is under forclosure. They admitted it was there fault and want me to pay 5200.00 for back payments to redue my MOD..

Anna Cardenas now Marquez

Jun 25, 2012

Ocwen foreclosed on me after paying 23 years and the horror of it is the way they did it. i had fell behind two months and was willing to pay those two pymts but was turned because they claimed i owed close to 10000.00 in arrears ???? yes ten thousand dollars of course i didnt have it so was offered a modified loan ???? i had to apply and was only month and half from foreclosure date however was told it would be postponed pending response. Well after few weeks i called to find out status and was told still pending not to worry even after i mentioned foreclosure date. It just bothered me so much that i wouldnt hear from them i called again two days after foreclosure date and i happened to be on my lunchbreak i recieved most devastating news that my house was no longer my house but how??? customer rep informed me that i hadnt even qualified for modified loan it should not have been offered to me t all and i was a total mess after that the poor customer rep felt so bad he was very apologetic and even suggested i get an attorney for what they had done to me. that was a nighmare i do not wish on anyone. How I wish i could get compensated for everything i went thru, Ocwen is a horrible horrible mortgage company that shouldnt even exist and wish would be put out of business

Lori Gibney

Jun 25, 2012

I have had nothing but trouble with them as well. A few years ago we got behind 2 payments due to personal issues. I have been trying to work with them but am fed up! I've sent paperwork in 5 times for modifications only to get told they didn't receive it. Our account was supposed to be escrowed and it wasn't. So now they are saying our payments are going from $550 to $972! I am about ready to just walk away from my home at this point.

Karin Z, California

May 26, 2012

This company is a big ripoff. I can not believe that they have not been investigated before. I have seen one lawsuit but I don't think it is enough. They hold you hostage for payments that have no bearing. Thye outsouce the customer service deparmtnet so people barely speak English. How do they continue to operate without being shutdown.

c. trotter

May 23, 2012

I wish i can say something differnet but i cannot. Ocwen has been a big nightmsre for my family also. We have tried twice to do a modification with ocwen and the first time was given some firgures that was waiting to be approved for over two years. no help what so ever. my home is in fl and we are uipsaide down. The programs the government has does not help us. please keep filing complsints until someone listern to us

Linda

May 22, 2012

I have tried for 2 1/2 yrs to get a loan mod when my income was drastically cut. They denied me. Each time I call I get another reason for the denial (adequate income, insufficient income, adequate equity, loan holder will not allow a modification, etc.) My mortgage is 60% of my gross income, my house is upside down and I have missed some payments. They lie and say they can't transfer the call to my case manager but now they have a flag on the computer that will not allow them to schedule a mtg with the case mgr so now they transfer me to her voice mail. I have been trying for 4 weeks to talk with her. I call and leave a message and she will not call me back. This company is not out to help anyone other then their self. They are disreputable, lie, charge inappropriate fees. They are now charging me $10.50 a month to have someone drive by my house and make sure I am keeping it up. Ya right...

unknown

Apr 17, 2012

This is same frustrations we are experiencing with Ocwen from the time they acquire the Loan from Litton Loan. The customer service has no idea and no access to your account information they are in another country so how can they relate to a customer in the US. No communication with the Ocwen personnel in the US and you spend hours without getting the issue resolved. This is the reason why this country is where it is today. Incompetence and greed will only get worst.

Siobhan H

Apr 05, 2012

We have filed complaints with both offices. We got a letter stating they forwarded it to our state department. Both offices have copies of our records.

We are awaiting responses.

Donna Crum

Mar 29, 2012

I didn't know any of this was going on and I thought I was the only one. hey have added almost $350 a month onto my mortgage for escrow taxes and it is killing me, and sent numerous letters of foreclosure and I have been paying on my home for over 23 years but now Ocwen has my mortgage.....any help out there in sight?

virginia styron

Mar 24, 2012

I filed a class action against Ocwen.. After 8 years of waiting I got $10.39 for my claim.. I expected more..

jolene m.

Mar 24, 2012

Some how because we got our home loan though a mortage company our loan has been bought several times and now Ocwen has it. This has been the worst company that has had our loan. We have never been late until last November when we hit a bad spell. I calle dto see if I could have them take our a certain amount each week to pay off a month we were late on and the refused. Not only cant I understand them , I hate there phrase that they are there to help home owners. That is BS to me. With the economy the way it is we are having a hard time getting a loan at a bank because our crdit is just fair. I pray everyday when I can get out from under this company. On top of not helping me and endeding up getting two months behind and them telling me as long as I pay before 60 days then they wont do anything to forclose on me is bull. I got it paid before the sixty days thanks to my tax xheck and they charged me for someone to come out a survey my land with out me even knowing it and now that charged me another 200 dollars for that. With as much as we are apying for our house now with them I am finding it hard to pay that. i didn't know about anyone one else until know and I pray for all of you. I tried to talk to them about this charge and how come they did that when I wasn't suppose to be in the forclosure time frame and to be honest I could really understand what they were saying. I too wish there was some way to sue them.

1 0 Reply
Mary  in Woodridge, IL

Mar 12, 2012

Yes, definitely beware if Ocwen aquired your mortgage...am still awaiting word from them re: my proposed modif'n. They sent me 2 req's for 'add'l info' (both for the same stuff) in Dec and Oct - just as I know they've done to others...by now I know it's just a stalling tactic. Plus, they're so disorganized. The papers they sent for HAMP had 2 duplicate page 10's, and a couple of blank numbered pages; on the 2 page 10's,each dealt w/ different info...crazy.
I'm due back in court 4/3 and am very worried about no info yet, esp as I'm starting to get postcards & solicitations to 'sell before it's too late'...too late for what? What's going on that I don't know about yet?
I'm going to just email the Prez of the co like some on Facebk have done and see if that helps. If not, then...
Will say a prayer for all of us dealing with this nightmare company. Am praying almost daily to St Jude (patron saint of hopeless cases) as well as St Joseph (patron of homeowners) for help...

Kerrie

Mar 01, 2012

My loan was also purchased from Litton :(
I had a payment plan arranged with Litton re-paying my back property taxes. I was paying 200.00 a month until it was finished. Well... Ocwen scratched that when the loan was purchased. They have now added 700.00 a month onto my monthly loan. They are making me repay the back taxes in a twelve month period. Im choking every month! I cant even get a US rep on the phone to speak with. They are just a nightmare. I live in Florida (Tampa Bay area) and Im thinking about driving to their Orlando home office. This company needs to have a class action filed against them. They are out of control!!!

larry davis

Feb 28, 2012

I HAVE ASKED FOR A COPY OF MY MORTGAGE, NO BODY SEEMS TO CARE OR SPEAK ENGLISH. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANYTHING BUT IT WILL COST 30.00 WHAT WILL I GET AND WHERE DO I GO TO GET IT IS THE QUESTION THEY WONT ANSWER, WHY DO I KWWP PAYING FEES AND NEVER GET CAUGHT UP

Bob

Feb 27, 2012

Ocwen is certainly a joke when it comes to working with you. They modified my loan accepted first payment and then wouldn't take next one and said it was becasue of missing documents. Been waiting now 5-months to work something out.

Amy

Feb 25, 2012

They sent me a special limited time offer to satisfy the dept i i owe (40,000)for 9,000. i have another mortage with them as well they will probably just ad that to the other right? i am seriously confused

white

Feb 14, 2012

As everyone but me got there money from Ocewn's lawsuit?

1-20 of 146 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.