How Is It That No One Has Been Arrested At Ocwen

428 of 1127 Ocwen reviews

Thousands of complaints online about Ocwen Loan Servicing out right stealing hard working Americans money.

Here's a racket for you.

Buy a customer's loan. Tell the customer that the first payment is due on the first of the month. Give the customer an account number. When the customer sends you the first payment, cash the payment and say you didn't receive it. Your excuse: the account wasn't set up. Even after you actually do set up the account, do not credit the initial payment -- just keep it for yourself.

That's my experience with Ocwen so far since they "serviced" my loan on November 1. That's right the $2,000 I sent them for the first payment cleared my bank and did not get credited by Ocwen (even though the electronic funds transfer shows they cashed it). 45 days later and it is still not credited.

Imagine the millions you could "earn" with this racket.

I am absolutely furious with Ocwen. Aside from them stealing my money, their customer support is a joke. When you ask to speak to a supervisor, you wait 10 minutes on the phone. Then you get a voicemail. The voicemail says the manager will call you back in 4 hours. I've left two voicemails with my number and no callback. Of course, that's what Ocwen has to do when it is in the business of stealing people's money.

My advice: if your loan gets "serviced" by Ocwen, refinance with a reputable company immediately. Also, call and complain to the loan company that sold your loan to Ocwen.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
428 of 1127 Ocwen reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 28, 2015 #1000873

Ocwen is in business with all the legal people, complaining is worthless.

1 3 Reply
Calling ur bluff122

Nov 21, 2013 #745424

You all notice how this concerned government responses to complaints ?
Makes ya wonder who actually post these ?

Could it be Ocwen it self ? Trying to bust its employees ?

4 0 Reply
Lindy

Nov 15, 2013 #743011 Englewood, Colorado, United States

OCWEN sucks !! My mortgage company sold servicing to them, and right off the bat, my first payment to them has been "lost" I sent it to the address provided, in the envelope provided, but somehow, it's not been recieved.'Must be the postal service", I'm told. In the meantime, they've added a $138.69 late fee to a payment that WASN'T late. By law, they can't charge more than 10% in late fees, and this computes to around 30% !! Who ARE these people, and how do they sleep at night ?

3 0 Reply
Sick of ocwen

Nov 14, 2014 #900038 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Call your local FBI Branch an report them we Gota stop them this is da only wat

2 0 Reply
Paticake

Nov 06 #1237273

OCWEN is nothing but a piece of ***. We bought our house in 2006 at the time we didn't have great credit but my husband was making over 6 figures a yr but that doesn't help just those 3 number on your credit. So a Friend of mine recommend a credit agent to us and in 3 days we qualified for 250 thousand dollars and this is the first and only house we have ever bought so we were house and bank ***. OUR house has went through 3 selling by banks our payment was increased each time and we never knew who had our loan until we got foreclosed on in July 2016. NOW HSBC has it but all our payments went to OCWEn. Now they are wanting 40 thousand dollars upfront to keep our house but it is listed as a sheriff sale to the public with highest bidder. I will never buy a house again if I don't have the cash cause uou can't trust anyone. Now we are homeless my husband hasn't worked for a while he's in the oilfield and all the things they say about keeping you I uour house all the help they say is out there we sure haven't had any luck.
BEFORE YOU BUY A HOME INVESTIGATE THE BANK YOU ARE USING. NEVER USE OCWEN OR HSBC. And also may want to check out your relestate company and agents. Our house has so many hidden problems we have not been able to get to all if them. The agent that sold us the house is my neighbor 3 houses up and she knew there was lots of problems with the house but we made the mistake of using their inspection of the house instead of doing our own BIG MISTAKE ALWAYS HAVE
... Show more

kfreed

Sep 04, 2013 #711325 Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Had a funny feeling...

When we received a letter indicating that our GMAC mortgage had been sold to Ocwen we turned around and refinanced with our credit union (Ent). If your loan has been sold and you're able to refinance with a reputable credit union, DO IT NOW. Run, don't walk. We ended up with a lower fixed rate, a lower monthly payment, a branch right down the street handling our mortgage, and no hassles with shyster banks. All I can say is: Whew! Glad we're out from under Ocwen. MOVE YOUR MONEY.

3 0 Reply
feelingsick

Aug 19, 2013 #702852 Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I just received notification today that OCWEN will be my new mortgage loan servicer, and like you that payment is due at the 1st of September. After checking online to see first off, who this company was, and second, what is the overall consumer consensus by reading reviews and complaints related to OCWEN. WOW!! I'm feeling sick to my stomach now, and totally bummed out to find out who I will be dealing with for the next however-many-years. I plan to do what you suggest by complaining to my old mortgage servicer and ask them to reconsider selling the loan to a different company, but it likely will not have an impact on the end result. Thanks for posting your helpful comments.

1 0 Reply
Frank

Aug 31, 2013 #709650 Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Doubtful that will happen, Gun - the loans were bought from GMAC (General Motors), one of the halfrican's prized patrons.

She

Mar 20, 2015 #961268 Crofton, Maryland, United States

"Halfrican"???? Not diverting from the immediate subject, but what does any of this have to do with race? How many "prized patrons" have our white presidents had? But they get a pass because they are white? Boy, racism is alive and well in this ignorant country - no wonder other countries hate us... it's ignorant folks like you - *** makes me shudder more than Ocwan...

2 1 Reply

Oct 07 #1223709 Waynesville, Missouri, United States

I reported this company to everybody but the prosecutor's office and the FBI. So happy for this information. Those two offices are hearing from me soon. Ocwen is now operating under SETERUS, let us not forget to address Seterus crookedness

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ocwen. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ocwen.
Filing a new complaint about
×